Blog's Owner

My photo
Starting on the journey of becoming twenty-something. A psychology student who is interested in photography, design, and advertising. Find pleasure in art, food, music, and good books. I like to play badminton and I support Arsenal Football Club. I wish for a world where everyone is free to love.

Freerice

Rice up against hunger

Blog Archive

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Xie Xingfang

Hi again! It has been quite a time since my last post and I'm thinking of writing about my summer holiday. But this one (as the title implies) is not gonna focus much on it. Well, I need a bit of introduction to start off. If your read my blog all the way from the very early posts, or know me IRL when I was in junior high school, then you would have know that I am a huge fan of badminton. And of all badminton players active or retired, my favorite is Xie Xingfang, forever and always.

It has been almost eight years since her retirement, and I hadn't been very updated about what's going on with her life. There ain't much news, and all I knew was that she marries Lin Dan (who is also a badminton player) and has a child. Then one day, I googled her name out of pure curiosity. Turns out she has a Weibo account that she updates quite often. Now let's skip the part where I attempted to read and understand what she posted (it's all in Chinese and my Chinese is not up to par) and get to the part where I decided to make something.

I think I had just bought a new laptop at that time. The old one is getting even-a-right-click-takes-loading-time slow and to convince myself into buying a new one, I promise to make it useful. So then I thought, hey why not make something Xie Xingfang related, and here it is... her name in graphic.

谢杏芳

It feels so good to start from scratch and make something actually meaningful. Also, I have no design background and it takes me 2 bloody days to finish this (mostly spent on thinking how I should 'transform' the Chinese characters into lines and circles, arrange it, and make the sizes balanced). To be honest, I'm quite proud of the result haha. Believe me, right after I was done with this one, I was very motivated to make other stuffs. But then, life happens and I was caught in I don't know what... let's hope I can find the motivation to make the next one.

No comments: