Blog's Owner

My photo
Starting on the journey of becoming twenty-something. A psychology student who is interested in photography, design, and advertising. Find pleasure in art, food, music, and good books. I like to play badminton and I support Arsenal Football Club. I wish for a world where everyone is free to love.

Freerice

Rice up against hunger

Blog Archive

Friday 18 August 2017

Keeping Memories

Public service announcement: this is gonna be one of the "aimless" post.

Some time ago, I realized one thing. I have friends who delete their early Instagram pics, Facebook status, or even delete their account altogether and create a new one (which is very normal). But mine are preserved as they are.

Of course some of them are silly and downright embarrassing, which makes me concerned at times lol. But really, I enjoy keeping it this way. Do you know Facebook often send notifications about your past status and photo updates nowadays? It's called Facebook Memories if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I find it a lot of fun. Reading through not only the status, but also other people's comments on it feels so nostalgic. As I said, not all of them are to be proud of, and sometimes I wonder why the hell I posted those status in the first place. It shows how much we have grown, though. And by "we", I mean me and my friends who were also actively using Facebook at that time. There were mostly friends from school, be it bench-mate or students from other classes. I am still in contact with some of these people, some others are further away, while the rest were once acquaintances whom I never have the chance to know better.

Everyone use Instagram today. When I first found out about the app in early 2012, I used it very differently from how I do now. I took pictures of random stuffs and edited it with various Instagram filters. My photos from those days look all vintage and retro, like they were taken with a film camera. And yet, I can say that those photos contain memories from one of the most meaningful period in my life, as I went through my days as a senior high school student. Also for the first time ever, I had someone who occupied my mind. To be honest, I am so thankful that my captions were so unclear or I would have to delete some pics otherwise lol.

Okay so far I have been ranting only about old posts on social media, while my original intention was to talk about taking pictures and the notes and gifts that I keep. Now that I have drifted so far away, my mood has changed and I'm actually thinking of that person I mentioned in the previous paragraph. Let's end this post here, I think I might write another one soon.

This photo I took in Japan has no relation to the post content. I'm just putting it here because post with photo looks nice, and this one kinda has a reminiscing feeling.

No comments: